Mental Health Services
Find mental health support in Sussex
BeOK: West Sussex Mind
Age range: 16-25
Location: West Sussex Tel: 0300 303 5652
About the service
- Aged 16-25
- Worried about your mental health
- Feeling anxious or depressed
- Self-harming or having thoughts about it
- Having family problems or are struggling with friendships at college or at work because of your mental health
- Diagnosed with a mental health problem and are looking for support
- Getting help from services but this is coming to an end as you are reaching 18
- If you are facing any of these things we have dedicated youth workers who can help.
Our youth workers offer one-to-one support at our offices and in other places including local colleges. We have a flexible approach to introductions so we can arrange where best to meet you and if it would be helpful for someone to support you with your first meeting. We also support people with phone or video calls and groups. We will work with you to help you understand what you need and support you to try and achieve goals that you have set for yourself.
We support young people who live in Worthing, Adur, Chanctonbury, Chichester, Midhurst, Littlehampton or Bognor Regis.
We run regular social activities and our groups are small, relaxed and informal. The young people are involved in deciding what activities would suit them best. Some examples include bowling, table tennis, online quizzes and art.
The aim is always to keep it light-hearted and fun. There is no pressure to join in or to stay for the whole session.
We also encourage our young people to get more involved, either with us by raising awareness about mental health and fundraising, or by volunteering with other local organisations. These activities can improve self-esteem and are an opportunity to try something new or simply get together in a relaxed way.