Mental Health Services
Find mental health support in Sussex
West Sussex Mind: Parenting Support
Age range: Parents/carers of children aged 5-18
Location: West Sussex Tel: 0300 303 5652
About the service
Our parenting support services aims to increase parents and carers knowledge and awareness of mental health and boost their confidence in coping with and addressing children and young person’s mental health.
Whether they are suffering from anxiety, depression, stress or disordered eating, our peer support service can help parents and carers to support children and young people – and in doing so help improve their own well-being by meeting others on similar journeys.
The service includes fortnightly online meetings, where parents can discuss their concerns, build strategies to help support their child and meet other parents and carers. All meetings are hosted and mediated by a member of staff from West Sussex Mind.
We support parent and carers of school-age children (five to 18 years) across West Sussex by providing:
- Fortnightly online peer support meetings for parents and carers of primary-age and secondary-age children
- Talks by ‘Experts by Experience’ on specific topics, such as stress, anxiety, depression, self-harm, disordered eating and gender identity
- One-to-one telephone support before joining the service
- A closed Facebook group
- Casual check-in coffee mornings
- Signposting to other services as appropriate.