Mental Health Services
Find mental health support in Sussex
Schools Wellbeing Service
Age range: 5-18
Location: Brighton & Hove Tel: 01273 293481
About the service
The BHISS Schools Wellbeing Service works to promote mental wellbeing in schools and reduce stigma around mental health.
The service aims to make it easier for children, young people and families to access appropriate support when it’s needed.
Support offered includes:
- Brief interventions to support children and young people’s mental health. This can be individual or with key adults
- Therapeutic interventions to support children and young people’s mental health
- Group work with children and young people
- Workshops and groups for parent carers
- Mental health consultations to professionals involved with children and young people
- Training and reflective practice for professionals.
- Mental health consultations with parents concerned about their child or young person
How to access this service
How to access BHISS Schools Wellbeing Service support
The service is free and can be accessed through your child’s school. See the school’s website for further information on how to access support, or speak with your school’s Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO). All schools have a SENCO.
Or, whilst schools are closed, via the SWS Consultation Line at [email protected] or 01273-293481